Alexander & Baldwin Foundation donates scholarship funds to OCET | Schools
The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation (A&B), funded by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. and its subsidiaries, has generously donated $22, 500 in grant monies to the Office of Continuing Education (OCET) at UH Maui College.
“I’ve seen many people and businesses positively effected by the generosity of the A&B Training Grant Program,” said Program Developer Eva Bondar.
The training grants serve to both reduce the cost of classes for individuals and stimulate enrollment for the college.
The program, now in its third consecutive year, supports additional skills training for entrepreneurs, small businesses, non-profits and individuals pursuing further education to retrain for new employment. OCET Instructor Ben Howard, said, “In some cases, we have had people who had lower level jobs and were looking for a promotion. By taking classes at OCET and getting certain certifications, they were promoted within the company.”
The A&B Foundation has been a partner with UH Maui College for thirty years, providing more than $480,000 in support over that time. Maui subsidiaries of A&B include Hawaiian Commercial & Sugar Co. (HC&S), East Maui Irrigation Co. (EMI), Kahului Trucking & Storage Co. (KT&S), A&B Properties Inc., A&B Wailea LLC, and Matson Navigation Co.
If you would like information on applying for a scholarship, call OCET at 984-3231 or visit us on line at http://www.ocet.org.
The Office of Continuing Education & Training (OCET) serves the workforce, educational, and cultural needs of the people of Maui County through noncredit classes as well as customized training, apprenticeships, and English as a Second Language programs.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day