Shark attack reported at Maui beach | News
WAIEHU, MAUI (HawaiiNewsNow)- A man was attacked by a shark while in the water off Waiehu, Maui Wednesday afternoon.
Maui officials say a shark bit the man as he was diving about 100 yards offshore from Paukukalo Beach shortly after 4 p.m.
Shane Mills, 45, was treated by first responders for a three-inch laceration on his left hip. He then drove himself to the hospital.
The Department of Land and Natural Resources closed one mile of the beach in each direction from the scene.
Copyright 2013 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia