Shark attack reported at Maui beach | News
WAIEHU, MAUI (HawaiiNewsNow)- A man was attacked by a shark while in the water off Waiehu, Maui Wednesday afternoon.
Maui officials say a shark bit the man as he was diving about 100 yards offshore from Paukukalo Beach shortly after 4 p.m.
Shane Mills, 45, was treated by first responders for a three-inch laceration on his left hip. He then drove himself to the hospital.
The Department of Land and Natural Resources closed one mile of the beach in each direction from the scene.
Copyright 2013 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help