Shark attack reported at Maui beach | News
WAIEHU, MAUI (HawaiiNewsNow)- A man was attacked by a shark while in the water off Waiehu, Maui Wednesday afternoon.
Maui officials say a shark bit the man as he was diving about 100 yards offshore from Paukukalo Beach shortly after 4 p.m.
Shane Mills, 45, was treated by first responders for a three-inch laceration on his left hip. He then drove himself to the hospital.
The Department of Land and Natural Resources closed one mile of the beach in each direction from the scene.
Copyright 2013 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day