Wailuku man dies in Maui crash | News
WAIEHU, MAUI (HawaiiNewsNow)- A Wailuku man died in a one-car crash Sunday night in Waiehu.
Police say Zackery McGuire, 23, was driving a 1995 Toyota 4 Runner when he tried to make a left turn from Limu Ele Ele Street onto Omilu Place. Police say the SUV overturned and landed on its side.
The crash happened just before 11 p.m.
McGuire died at the scene. A 28-year-old male passenger also from Wailuku suffered minor injuries.
Police say both men were not wearing seat belts.
Investigators say the involvement of speed and alcohol appear to be factors in this crash however, they remain, along with drug impairment, under investigation.
This is Maui County's eleventh traffic fatality for 2013. There were 12 at this same time last year.
Copyright 2013 Hawaii
News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia