Wailuku man dies in Maui crash | News
WAIEHU, MAUI (HawaiiNewsNow)- A Wailuku man died in a one-car crash Sunday night in Waiehu.
Police say Zackery McGuire, 23, was driving a 1995 Toyota 4 Runner when he tried to make a left turn from Limu Ele Ele Street onto Omilu Place. Police say the SUV overturned and landed on its side.
The crash happened just before 11 p.m.
McGuire died at the scene. A 28-year-old male passenger also from Wailuku suffered minor injuries.
Police say both men were not wearing seat belts.
Investigators say the involvement of speed and alcohol appear to be factors in this crash however, they remain, along with drug impairment, under investigation.
This is Maui County's eleventh traffic fatality for 2013. There were 12 at this same time last year.
Copyright 2013 Hawaii
News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- WAIKIKI AQUARIUM’S DISTINGUISHED LECTURE SERIES TO SHINE SPOTLIGHT ON THE CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGE OF
- CBP Raises More Than $44,000 for Aloha United Way's 2014 Pacesetter Campaign
- Hale Kipa receives a $100,000 grant from the Hau‘oli Mau Loa Foundation for "Paws for a Cause"
- Chris Deuchar Returns to Hale Kipa’s Board of Directors
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager