County on Your Corner at the Maui Fair and Bus Route Changes for the Maui Fair Parade | Events
The following information is provided by Maui County:
Make sure you stop by the County Booth at this year’s Maui Fair where adults can talk to county officials and kids can grab a free toy or get a face tattoo.
The Maui Fair will host this month’s “County on Your Corner” event, a monthly program where county department heads and staff will be there to answer your questions in person from Thursday September 27, 2012 to Sunday September 30, 2012. The County booth will be located near the entertainment tent.
Also, please note that due to the partial closure of Kaahumanu Avenue on Thursday, September 27 to accommodate the Maui Fair Parade, the Maui Bus service will be re-routing and eliminating specific stops in the area according to the County of Maui Department of Transportation. The Maui Fair Parade bus route changes are as follows:
Lahaina Islander (Lahaina Bound)
- Eliminating the 4:40 p.m. and 5:40 p.m Wells Street and Waikapu stop from Queen Kaahumanu Center heading to Lahaina.
Kahului Loop Route #5
- Eliminating the 2:32 p.m., 3:32 p.m., 4:32 p.m. and 5:32 p.m. Harbor Lights/Maui College stop from Queen Kaahumanu Center. Eliminating the 4:35 p.m. and 5:35 p.m. Roselani Place and Papa Avenue/Kea Street stops.
Kahului Reverse Loop Route #6
- Eliminating the 2:53 p.m., 3:53 p.m., 4:53 p.m. and 5:53 p.m. Harbor Lights/Maui College stop going to Queen Kaahumanu Center. Eliminating the 4:49 p.m. and 5:49 p.m. Roselani Place and Papa Avenue/Kea Street stops.
Wailuku Loop Route #1
- Eliminating the 4:40 p.m. and 5:40 p.m. Maui Memorial Medical Center and Maui Lani Parkway stop. Eliminating the 4:23 p.m., 5:23 p.m. and 6:23 p.m. Kanaloa Avenue stops.
Wailuku Reverse Loop Route #2
- Eliminating the 4:03 p.m., 5:03 p.m. and 6:03 p.m. Kanaloa Avenue stops.
The remaining bus routes will operate as normal with some deviation in street routing, but will continue to serve all other existing bus stops. Please expect delays in pick-up times, due to the increased traffic during the parade.
Also, the Maui Bus Commuter parking, normally allowed at the War Memorial Stadium parking lot will be relocated to the Kahului Boat Ramp during the Maui Fair from Tuesday, September 25th through Sunday, September 30th.
Maui Bus is a service provided by the County of Maui and operated by Roberts Hawaii. For more information, the public should contact Roberts Hawaii at 871-4838, or the County of Maui Department of Transportation at 270-7511. General bus schedule information can be found on all County buses, and is available online at www.mauicounty.gov/bus.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kaiser Permanente Provides Health Resources to Big Island Community
- Five Big Island Libraries Offer Wi-Fi to Puna Coastline Residents
- Hurricane Iselle Claimants with Zephyr Insurance Policies
- Big Island Public Libraries Will Close Aug. 7 Due to Hurricane Iselle
- American Red Cross: Volunteers needed! (Big Island)
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- WAIKIKI AQUARIUM’S DISTINGUISHED LECTURE SERIES TO SHINE SPOTLIGHT ON THE CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGE OF
- CBP Raises More Than $44,000 for Aloha United Way's 2014 Pacesetter Campaign
- Hale Kipa receives a $100,000 grant from the Hau‘oli Mau Loa Foundation for "Paws for a Cause"
- Chris Deuchar Returns to Hale Kipa’s Board of Directors
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager