County on Your Corner at the Maui Fair and Bus Route Changes for the Maui Fair Parade | Events
The following information is provided by Maui County:
Make sure you stop by the County Booth at this year’s Maui Fair where adults can talk to county officials and kids can grab a free toy or get a face tattoo.
The Maui Fair will host this month’s “County on Your Corner” event, a monthly program where county department heads and staff will be there to answer your questions in person from Thursday September 27, 2012 to Sunday September 30, 2012. The County booth will be located near the entertainment tent.
Also, please note that due to the partial closure of Kaahumanu Avenue on Thursday, September 27 to accommodate the Maui Fair Parade, the Maui Bus service will be re-routing and eliminating specific stops in the area according to the County of Maui Department of Transportation. The Maui Fair Parade bus route changes are as follows:
Lahaina Islander (Lahaina Bound)
- Eliminating the 4:40 p.m. and 5:40 p.m Wells Street and Waikapu stop from Queen Kaahumanu Center heading to Lahaina.
Kahului Loop Route #5
- Eliminating the 2:32 p.m., 3:32 p.m., 4:32 p.m. and 5:32 p.m. Harbor Lights/Maui College stop from Queen Kaahumanu Center. Eliminating the 4:35 p.m. and 5:35 p.m. Roselani Place and Papa Avenue/Kea Street stops.
Kahului Reverse Loop Route #6
- Eliminating the 2:53 p.m., 3:53 p.m., 4:53 p.m. and 5:53 p.m. Harbor Lights/Maui College stop going to Queen Kaahumanu Center. Eliminating the 4:49 p.m. and 5:49 p.m. Roselani Place and Papa Avenue/Kea Street stops.
Wailuku Loop Route #1
- Eliminating the 4:40 p.m. and 5:40 p.m. Maui Memorial Medical Center and Maui Lani Parkway stop. Eliminating the 4:23 p.m., 5:23 p.m. and 6:23 p.m. Kanaloa Avenue stops.
Wailuku Reverse Loop Route #2
- Eliminating the 4:03 p.m., 5:03 p.m. and 6:03 p.m. Kanaloa Avenue stops.
The remaining bus routes will operate as normal with some deviation in street routing, but will continue to serve all other existing bus stops. Please expect delays in pick-up times, due to the increased traffic during the parade.
Also, the Maui Bus Commuter parking, normally allowed at the War Memorial Stadium parking lot will be relocated to the Kahului Boat Ramp during the Maui Fair from Tuesday, September 25th through Sunday, September 30th.
Maui Bus is a service provided by the County of Maui and operated by Roberts Hawaii. For more information, the public should contact Roberts Hawaii at 871-4838, or the County of Maui Department of Transportation at 270-7511. General bus schedule information can be found on all County buses, and is available online at www.mauicounty.gov/bus.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day