See Slam Poet Kealoha Perform at Lanai Public & School Library | Arts & Culture
In celebration of the 2011 Hawaii State Public Library System (HSPLS) Fall Children’s Programs, “Slam Poetry,” a free event featuring Kealoha, will be offered at the Lanai Public & School Library on Thursday, November 10 at 1:45 p.m.
Hawaii’s “unofficial slam poet laureate” Kealoha is an internationally-acclaimed poet and storyteller. He will combine poetry, storytelling, movement, music, theatre, and interactive speaking. The free one-hour program is suitable for ages 12 and older.
Kealoha’s performance is sponsored through a grant from the Friends of the Library of Hawaii, Ko Olina Hawaii, Marriott Resorts Hawaii, HMS Host, Meadow Gold Dairies, Hansen Distribution Group, Armstrong Produce, Roberts Hawaii, DFS Hawaii, and Toshiba Business Solutions. Additional funding is provided by the University of Hawaii at Manoa Outreach College’s Statewide Cultural Extension Program, and supported in part by the Hawaii State Foundation on Culture and the Arts through appropriations from the Hawaii State Legislature and from the National Endowment for the Arts.
Contact the Library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Lanai Public & School Library is located at 555 Fraser Avenue. For more information, please call the Library at (808) 565-7920.
In addition, public libraries statewide will host free Fall Children’s Programs. Visit www.librarieshawaii.org for a list of the programs.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day