Hawaii's Public Libraries Will Observe New Year's Day Holiday; Offer Special New Year's Eve Hours | Arts & Culture
In observance of the New Year’s Day 2014 Holiday, all public libraries will be closed on Wednesday, January 1, 2014.
On New Year’s Eve – Tuesday, December 31 – all public libraries that normally have evening hours on Tuesdays will offer special hours:
Oahu – Kahuku, Pearl City, Wahiawa, Waialua from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Aina Haina, Ewa Beach, Kailua, Kaimuki, Kapolei, Liliha, Salt Lake-Moanalua from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Library for the Blind & Physically Handicapped from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hawaii Island – Pahala from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.; Keaau from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Naalehu from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Hilo and Kailua-Kona from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Maui – Kahului from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Kihei from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Lahaina from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Kauai – Kapaa from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please visit the HSPLS website: www.librarieshawaii.org or call your local library for more information.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day