Hawaii's Public Libraries Will Observe New Year's Day Holiday; Offer Special New Year's Eve Hours | Arts & Culture
In observance of the New Year’s Day 2014 Holiday, all public libraries will be closed on Wednesday, January 1, 2014.
On New Year’s Eve – Tuesday, December 31 – all public libraries that normally have evening hours on Tuesdays will offer special hours:
Oahu – Kahuku, Pearl City, Wahiawa, Waialua from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Aina Haina, Ewa Beach, Kailua, Kaimuki, Kapolei, Liliha, Salt Lake-Moanalua from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Library for the Blind & Physically Handicapped from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hawaii Island – Pahala from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.; Keaau from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Naalehu from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Hilo and Kailua-Kona from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Maui – Kahului from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Kihei from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Lahaina from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Kauai – Kapaa from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please visit the HSPLS website: www.librarieshawaii.org or call your local library for more information.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge