Hawaii's Public Libraries Will Observe New Year's Day Holiday; Offer Special New Year's Eve Hours | Arts & Culture
In observance of the New Year’s Day 2014 Holiday, all public libraries will be closed on Wednesday, January 1, 2014.
On New Year’s Eve – Tuesday, December 31 – all public libraries that normally have evening hours on Tuesdays will offer special hours:
Oahu – Kahuku, Pearl City, Wahiawa, Waialua from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Aina Haina, Ewa Beach, Kailua, Kaimuki, Kapolei, Liliha, Salt Lake-Moanalua from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Library for the Blind & Physically Handicapped from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hawaii Island – Pahala from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.; Keaau from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Naalehu from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Hilo and Kailua-Kona from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Maui – Kahului from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Kihei from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Lahaina from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Kauai – Kapaa from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please visit the HSPLS website: www.librarieshawaii.org or call your local library for more information.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23