Haleakala Summit closed Wednesday | News
Black ice on the roads leading to Haleakala Summit has forced officials to close the landmark on Wednesday.
The park is only open up to its headquarters.
Snow is present on the summit. Check out these photos taken by GeoPhoto@aol.com, Kit Zulueta and Aki'Ra Halera.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather warning for the summit and upper slopes of Haleakala that will remain in effect until 6 p.m. Wednesday.
For additional information, call the park's main line at 572-4400.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day