Haleakala Summit closed Wednesday | News
Black ice on the roads leading to Haleakala Summit has forced officials to close the landmark on Wednesday.
The park is only open up to its headquarters.
Snow is present on the summit. Check out these photos taken by GeoPhoto@aol.com, Kit Zulueta and Aki'Ra Halera.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather warning for the summit and upper slopes of Haleakala that will remain in effect until 6 p.m. Wednesday.
For additional information, call the park's main line at 572-4400.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014