Haleakala Summit closed Wednesday | News
Black ice on the roads leading to Haleakala Summit has forced officials to close the landmark on Wednesday.
The park is only open up to its headquarters.
Snow is present on the summit. Check out these photos taken by GeoPhoto@aol.com, Kit Zulueta and Aki'Ra Halera.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather warning for the summit and upper slopes of Haleakala that will remain in effect until 6 p.m. Wednesday.
For additional information, call the park's main line at 572-4400.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease